Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I Love Chocolate Chip cookies ! 

Every once in a while, I love to surprise my girls with cookies and milk when they return home from school. My mom always baked the best after school cookies, so I guess it runs deep within me.  Recently, I have been searching around for a great chocolate chip cookie recipe and was so happy when I came across this one from Our Best Bites

If I try something more than once, then it must mean it's worthy!!
( I have already made these twice in 10 days)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ c. butter
½ c. high-quality tub margarine (like Smart Balance)
¾ c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 1/2  c. flour
¾ tsp. salt
¾ tsp. baking soda
1 12-oz. bag chocolate chips

Cream together butter, margarine, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes until lightly browned. Every oven is different, so make sure to keep your eye on them until you know for sure how they will cook in your oven. Makes about 4 dozen.

*** Note, the original recipe calls for only 3 cups of flour but I always add in an extra 1/2 cup flour for a more chunky cookie.  On Saturday, I was out of chocolate chips ( I know, what kitchen is ever out of these?) So, we just chopped up a Hershey's chocolate bar and added in a cup of M&M's -- they were so yummy!


Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Savvy said...

YUMMY!!