Friday, January 1, 2010

An Old Favorite -- No Bake Cookies

Friday Favorite of course! I know it's two foods in a week but I have been craving these childhood favorites all week long since Alison made them last week (Alison is our SGC food editor) and so I broke down and made them this afternoon and realized why I have loved them my entire life -- entirely Chocolaty, gooey and so yummy.

1/2 C. Cocoa
1/2 C. Evaporated Milk
1/2 C. Butter
2 C. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
3 C. Oats
1/2 Cup coconut

Combine cocoa, milk, butter and sugar in a saucepan. Cook over med. heat stirring constantly until it reaches a full boil. Continue boiling for one minute -- at one minute take off the stove and mix in the vanilla, oats and coconut. Mix well until coated and then drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until firm
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: